Participation/Casting Notice for Little Documentary Films February Workshop
"Lights, Camera, Friendship!"
One session in Valdosta, Georgia - Casting 12 participants
(week of 1/22/24)
One session in Amelia Island, Florida - Casting 12 participants
(week of 1/29/24)
Deadline to submit December 20th, 2023
Are you a person on the autism spectrum (age 21-30) who is interested in meeting new people and exploring the community surrounded by supportive friends?
We are seeking participants for two separate 6 day workshops taking place in Valdosta, GA (week of 1/22/24) and Amelia Island, Florida (week of 1/29/24) . Each workshop will work with 12 young adults on the autism spectrum, with a focus on fun connection with others. We are looking for young adults on the autism spectrum being themselves and sharing their journey with the group as they integrate into the community.
The workshop will include improvisational games, relationship coaching, dance classes and friendship gatherings out in the community with other participants. The workshop will be filmed to create a short documentary style series. Inclusion Films has a 15 year history of providing filmmaking workshops and camps for students on the autism spectrum - and look forward to creating a fun environment for participants to learn and grow on both sides of the camera. We look to raise awareness about autism as we celebrate our differences and celebrate our individuality.
Check out the News Coverage and Trailer of the first season of Lights, Camera, Friendship - Lodi!
KUSI News, San Diego, October 19th, 2023, with Lauren Phinney
Each of the two workshops is limited to 12 participants. (for a total of 24) To be considered, please upload a 3-4 minute video introduction of yourself. (filmed on a phone is perfect! And a friend can help you and ask you the questions) This is not an acting opportunity - we want to meet YOU :) Please answer the following questions in your video.
1) Please introduce yourself and share your age.
2) What are some of your favorite things to do?
3) What is one of the most challenging things for you when meeting new people?
4) Why are you interested in meeting new friends on the autism spectrum?
5) Where do you think would be a fun place to go and hang out with friends?
6) Please share an example of a social situation that can be difficult for you to navigate. (for example - asking for directions when you are in a new city? Or asking a waiter to make a change to your order?)
Audition Submission - Please choose the location that is closest to where you live
You can upload your audition video for Valdosta, Georgia here